What Brings Connecticut Concerts?
Connecticut has been a place of musical creativity and invention for decades. All Connecticut areas are the birthplace of artists of various music genres who have conquered the music industry worldwide. The senior musicians are still relevant all over the globe, but it's even more exciting that they paved the way for the new generation of artists who also rock stages all across the world.
Because of the variety of concerts in Connecticut, the music scene continues to grow. There are many cities in Connecticut where you can see your favorite musicians perform, so let's see the most popular ones.
Concerts in Bridgeport You Mustn’t Miss
Since there are numerous Bridgeport concerts, choosing the one you would like to attend is not so easy. Luckily for you, gotStubs makes the selection process easier since you can find upcoming concerts in Bridgeport by using our filters.
Feel free to use all the dates, venues, genres, or performers in the calendar to get a list of all the concerts in Bridgeport. But don’t wait too long since our concert tickets sell out pretty fast!
Concerts in Stamford You Mustn’t Miss
The number of concerts in Stamford 2023 is astonishing, but what is even more impressive is the fact that you can attend live shows of any musical genre you can imagine.
The upcoming concerts in Stamford are a perfect chance to have fun with your best friends, and to meet new interesting people at all Stamford concerts. Each venue in the city is waiting for you; you just have to buy concert tickets for your favorite singer!
Concerts in New Haven You Mustn’t Miss
Yet another city in Connecticut that brings you the best musicians from all across the globe is New Haven. The concerts in New Haven 2023 have been remarkably successful so far, and there is no reason for something to change in the future
New Haven concerts are even more exciting because of the many different venues, both indoors and outdoors, for music fans of all ages and any musical style.
Concerts in Hartford You Mustn’t Miss
Fourth on the list, but equally important, are the Hartford concerts. There are many reasons, but the main one is that many American performers have surprised music scenes coming from this city, and many worldwide musicians have also surprised this city with their amazing performances.
Concerts in Hartford 2023 are happening all the time, so it’s time to purchase some tickets and grab a chance to see your music idol in your hometown!
Where to Buy Connecticut Concert Tickets?
Whether you are looking for rap concerts in Bridgeport, jazz concerts in Stamford, or tickets for any genre in all cities in Connecticut, the best place to find concert tickets is gotStubs.
We will provide you with secure and cheap tickets via our website for the best performers in the world. In addition, we make your journey of searching for tickets a lot easier since you can search based on artists, states, or venues for all music genres.
What Cities Offer the Best Concerts in Connecticut?
It’s difficult to pick the best concerts in Connecticut since there are many live concerts and music festivals you can attend with your best friends!
As listed above, some of them include Bridgeport, Stamford, New Haven, and Hartford. However, there are also many great concert venues, so let’s see some of the best!
Biggest Concert Venues in Connecticut
The biggest concert venues in Connecticut are:
- Xfinity Theatre – seats up to 30,000
- Mohegan Sun Arena – seats up to 10,000
- Total Mortgage Arena – seats up to 10,000
- Toyota Oakdale Theatre – seats up to 5,000
The Oldest Concert Venue in Connecticut
The oldest concert venue in Connecticut is the Bushnell Center for the Performing Arts in Hartford. It was founded in 1930, making it nearly a century old. The Bushnell is a multi-use theater that hosts a variety of events including concerts, plays, musicals, and dance performances. It has 2 theaters, the 2,800 seat Mortensen Hall and the 410 seat Belding Theater, and is considered as one of the most historic and acclaimed venues in Connecticut.
Venue with Biggest Concert in Connecticut History
The venue with the biggest concert in Connecticut history is likely the Mohegan Sun Arena. The arena, located in Uncasville, Connecticut, has a seating capacity of 10,000 and has hosted some of the biggest names in the music industry. It has been the host of several sold-out concerts, including performances by musicians such as Taylor Swift, Beyoncé, and U2.
Musicians That Play Most Often in Connecticut
Musicians and bands that tour regularly and have played in Connecticut many times include:
- Bruce Springsteen, who has a strong following in the state and has played at venues such as the Xfinity Theatre and Mohegan Sun Arena.
- Billy Joel, who has played at the Mohegan Sun Arena multiple times.
- Taylor Swift, who has played at the Mohegan Sun Arena and Xfinity Theatre many times.
- Elton John, who has played numerous concerts at the Mohegan Sun Arena.
- Ed Sheeran, who has played at the Mohegan Sun Arena and Xfinity Theatre.
Music Festivals and Concert Events As A Typical Signature for Connecticut
Connecticut has a rich music scene, and there are a number of music festivals and concert events that are considered a signature of the state:
- The Hartford Jazz Festival: This annual event features jazz musicians from all over the world and takes place at the Bushnell Park in Hartford.
- The Gathering of the Vibes Music and Arts Festival: This annual festival, which takes place in Bridgeport, features a diverse lineup of musicians and has a strong emphasis on jam bands and improvisational music.
- The New Haven Jazz Festival: This annual event features jazz musicians from all over the world and takes place in New Haven.
- The Connecticut Folk Festival and Green Expo: This annual event features folk and world music, and takes place in New Haven.
Most Popular Local Bands from Connecticut
Connecticut has a vibrant music scene and there are many local bands that have gained popularity in the state. Some examples of popular local bands from Connecticut include:
- The Alternate Routes: A folk rock band from Fairfield, they have gained a strong following in the state and have played at venues such as the Mohegan Sun Arena and the Toyota Oakdale Theatre.
- The Reducers: A rock band from New London, they have been active since the late 1970s and have developed a dedicated fanbase in Connecticut.
Most Popular Musicians Who Are Born in Connecticut
Connecticut has produced many talented musicians, here are some examples of popular musicians who were born in Connecticut:
- Michael Bolton: A singer-songwriter from New Haven, he has sold over 75 million records worldwide and has won multiple Grammy Awards.
- Gene Pitney: A singer-songwriter and rock and roll pioneer from Hartford, He had a string of hit songs in the 1960s, including “The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance” and “24 Hours from Tulsa.”