The most widely held belief in society is that Hip Hop is a musical movement characterized by rapid rhyming over a rhythmic foundation.
However, this is merely one of its many faces: the urban and vengeful musical genre known as rap is only one of its many elements. In truth, Hip Hop is a subculture that embraces a variety of street fashions and extends well beyond singing as a form of expression.
A cultural movement that began in the Bronx, New York, in the 1970s as a response to the harsh conditions in which African-American inhabitants lived, locked in a sort of urban ghetto.
There are many famous hip hop performers that are already breaking records, and among them is also a group that was formed in the early 1990s in Ohio (Cleveland) by Layzie Bone, Bizzy Bone, Flesh-n-Bone, Krayzie Bone, and Wish Bone. We are talking about the rap/hip hop group called Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
N.W.A. frontman Eazy-E helped them make the transition into the music industry when he signed them to his label, Ruthless Records, in 1993.
Before 1995, they went by the name B.O.N.E. Enterprise, but in 1995, they changed their name to the one that they are presently known by.
They published the majority of their material through that label until 2008 when they formed BTNH Worldwide, following which Krayzie Bone and Wish Bone departed the group to pursue solo careers, however now there are many available Bone Thugs N Harmony concert tickets, which is a proof that they are still adored.
Known for its unmistakable fusion of Gangsta Rap, horrorcore, and R&B, it is one of the most respected groups on the American music scene. Its lyrics, which have evolved in subject matter from more “street” aspects to issues relating to politics and religion, have earned it a place among the genre’s most respected artists.
A few years later, the Mo Thugs collective was founded to house them, and in the midst of the past decade, Layzie Bone and Bizzy Bone formed the Bone Brothers group.
Tupac Shakur, Notorious B.I.G., Eazy-E, and Big Pun are the only rap legends who have worked with the band.
In June 1994, the Creepin’ On A Come Up (EP) EP was released by Ruthless Records, marking Bone Thugs-N-first Harmony’s official release.
It was a slow start that saw the album achieve only limited success within the gangsta rap scene, but it eventually broke away from this scene and gained mainstream success with the release of the singles “Thuggish Ruggish Bone” and “Foe Tha Love of $,” the latter of which featured a successful collaboration with rapper Eazy-E recorded during “The Golden Age” of West Coast rap.
It was the album’s production that left the most lasting impression on Bone, with beats provided by Rhythm D, DJ Yella, and newcomer DJ U-Neek.
This album earned four platinum records from the Recording Industry Association of America, and we are sure that even their new bone thugs n harmony songs might win famous awards!
What Happened to Bone Thugs n Harmony?
Since Eazy-E rescued Bone Thugs-N-Harmony from the anonymity of Midwest rap, the Cleveland rappers have enjoyed a meteoric rise that has been equally as turbulent as it has been spectacular.
It was the legendary group, which consisted of the late NWA member who helped launch them into stardom and who spent much of the 1990s atop the Billboard charts. They even received a Grammy nomination for their 1995 track “Tha Crossroads,” which was a homage to the late NWA member who was crucial in launching them into popularity and making them popular in the first place.
For nearly a decade, it appeared as though the group was at the top of the world (and the rap charts) with new bone thugs n harmony songs yet even the powerful have their moments of inconsistency.
So what happened to Bone Thugs N Harmony? With over two decades of bone thugs n harmony albums under their belt, it appears that this group is still at a crossroads.
They wanted solo careers
Bone Thugs-N-members Harmony’s devoted a large amount of time away from the band to pursue separate endeavors and to work on separate and new bone thugs n harmony songs. A number of albums were released by Krayzie Bone between 1999 and 2017, including an appearance on Chamillionaire’s Grammy-winning smash “Ridin,” which he co-wrote with Chamillionaire in 2005.
Layzie Bone also followed a career with a couple of solo albums. Besides his collaborations with Layzie, Bizzy Bone has also released more than 20 albums since 1998, especially his Bone Brothers album, which is regarded as his best work.
Although it may appear that Bone Thugs-N-Harmony has become more relaxed as a group, the release of these solo albums was always a part of the plan. Krayzie Bone acknowledged in a 2016 interview with Vice that this idea had been mapped out before he met Eazy-E and joined Ruthless Records.
Interesting facts about Bone Thugs N Harmony
- Bizzy Bone recorded his first album when he was seventeen years old.
- Wish Bone is the only musician of Bone Thugs N Harmony who has not recorded a solo album.
- “Thug Luv” was originally intended to be a collaboration between Bizzy Bone, 2Pac, and Silk-E-Fyne. Later, the track was re-recorded with the participation of the other singers of Bone Thugs-N-Harmony.
- Flesh-N-Bone worked at KFC in order for the group to gather money to pay for bus tickets to Los Angeles.
- At the American Music Awards in 1998, Bone Thugs-N-Harmony received the best rap/hip-hop artist award for their song “If I Could Teach The World.”
- Their song appeared in the movie Batman & Robin.
- The band believed that the world would end in 1999, and the artwork for their album “E 1999 Eternal” was inspired by the film “Terminator 2.”
- Layzie Bone chose the title “Thugs By Nature” for his debut album because he considered himself to be a thug by nature.
- 2Pac wanted to establish a project named “One Nation,” which might have included Bone Thugs-N-Harmon, but it never got off the ground because 2Pac passed away in 1996.
- Because they believed the video glorified stealing, their “Money, Money” video did not receive significant airplay on any television stations in the United States.
Bone thugs n harmony albums
- Faces of Death (1993)
- E. 1999 Eternal (1995)
- The Art of War (1997)
- BTNHResurrection (2000)
- Thug World Order (2002)
- Thug Stories (2006)
- Strength & Loyalty (2007)
- Uni5: The World’s Enemy (2010)
- The Art of War: World War III (2013)
- New Waves (2017)
- Creepin on ah Come Up (1994)
- Bone 4 Life (2005)
The Bone Thugs N Harmony Upcoming Events
The Bone Thugs N Harmony has many upcoming concerts during the months of May, June, July, August, and November, and perhaps some new bone thugs n harmony songs. What is a better way to say goodbye to spring and welcome summer than going to see your favorites performing live?
And when the summer is finished, we always end up nostalgic about those relaxing summer evenings with amazing concerts, drinks, friends, and a good time. But, does it mean we can’t have a good time when autumn arrives?
Of course, we can! Check out their events in November and purchase your ticket right away! There are events for every season and at really good locations.
- Date: May 21, Wednesday
- Time: 7 PM
- Location: The Piazza – IL, Aurora
- Date: May 25, Wednesday
- Time: 7 PPM
- Location: Newport Music Hall, Columbus, OH
- Date: May 27, Friday
- Time: 8 PM
- Location: House Of Blues – Boston, MA
- Date: May 28, Saturday
- Time: 8 PM
- Location: Agora Theatre, Cleveland, OH
- Date: June 3, Friday
- Time: 9 PM
- Location: The Ritz Ybor, Tampa, FL
- Date: June 4, Saturday
- Time: 9 PM
- Location: Hollywood Casino at Charles Town Races, Charles Town, WV
- Date: June 23, Thursday
- Time: 8:15 PM
- Location: Cains Ballroom, Tulsa, OK
- Date: June 24, Friday
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: Barnato, Omaha, NE
- Date: June 25, Saturday
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: The Lincoln – Cheyenne, WY
- Date: July 8, Friday
- Time: 6:00 PM
- Location: Marquee Theatre – AZ, Tempe, AZ
- Date: July 30, Saturday
- Time: 7:00 PM
- Location: UIC Forum, Chicago, IL
- Date: August 5, Friday
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: Ogden Theatre, Denver, CO
- Date: August 20, Saturday
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: Anselmo Valencia Tori Amphitheater, Tucson, AZ
- Date: November 11, Wednesday
- Time: 11:00 PM
- Location: Pieres Entertainment Center, Fort Wayne, IN
- Date: November 20, Friday
- Time: 8:00 PM
- Location: Brooklyn Bowl – Las Vegas, NV
The Bottom Line
Bone Thugs N Harmony is a mythical rap group from the West Coast of the United States that contributed to the golden age of rap and that, during their existence, has risen to become one of the best-selling groups in history.
They are widely regarded as a pioneer of American hip hop, having set the tone for a slew of subsequent groups and performers who are still very active in the rap or trap scene today, even after the popular bone thugs n harmony fight, we mean the fight three 6 mafia vs bone thugs n harmony.
Over the course of their more than three-decade-long career, they made their mark on modern urban music, amassing millions of fans and admirers as well as significant acclaim from the recording business.
Are you a fan or is this your first time hearing about them? If it’s the first time, go ahead and check out their great music and wait for new bone thugs n harmony songs.